Comprehensive suite of tools for analysis of next-gen sequencing data including resequencing data, workflow management, read mapping, de novo assembly, variant detection, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and trio analysis. Access is through a GUI or command line. Support all the major next-gen sequencing platforms, such as SOLiD, Ion Torrent, Complete Genomics, 454, Illumina Genome Analyzer and also Sanger. Acquired in collaboration with the Institute for Plant Genomics and Biotechnology.
This is an eight-seat license.
- Please make sure you download v8.01 of the software and install any required plugins that you may need.
- Before you upgrade your existing client, please take note of the existing license server setting (see below). They have not changed, but you will need to manually enter them when you upgrade your CLC Workbench client software.
- When you open the existing CLC Workbench client on your computer, you are prompted to upgrade the software with the latest version, and provided a download link.
- Download the CLC Workbench client for your operating system, Windows, MAC or Linux, 64 or 32 bit.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions on the screen. When the installer completes, the CLC Workbench will start and prompt for license information (see below).
- Once you have established a connection, you will need to install the necessary plugins required for your work. On Windows installations, you may find the option to upgrade plugins grayed out. In that case, you will have to right click on the CLC Workbench icon and use the “Run as Administration” option to install plugins.
- Also note, when Paul Greer upgraded the client on my workstation, he was not prompted to upgrade the existing client, so the new version was installed as a new package. If you setup a custom folder location or Workspace, you will likely need to reestablish that path to access your data.
- Send an email to to get information about IP address.